Must sg Constitution must empowered 2015/2016
- The executive shall have a quorum of two thirds (2/3) of its members.
- The GRC shall have a quorum of one half (1/2) of its members.
- The students Guild general meeting shall not require a quorum except if the meeting is for hearing a petition is to be conducted where a quorum is not less than one quarter (1/4) of the Guild members except when a meeting to hear petition is to be conducted where a quorum of not less than one quarter (1/4) is necessary to hear a vote of no confidence in the executive.
- If any meeting a quorum is not realized within 20 minutes after the time appointed for the meeting to start, the meeting shall be cancelled and rescheduled.
- Many meeting, should the attention be called at any time after the commencement of the business to the fact that a quorum is not present, the person presiding over the meeting shall order the names of those present, if less than quorum to be recorded and shall adjourn the meeting. In case a general meeting however, only a count shall be taken and no names shall be recorded.
- All business shall be conducted and recorded in English.
- The Agenda shall be read by whoever is presiding over the meeting at the beginning of each meeting.
- All matters thereon shall take precedence over all business.
- Every agenda shall provide for “Matters arising from Minutes” with question time not exceeding fifteen (15) minutes.
- The questions shall be allowed only for information but no debate on the policy outlined by the minutes shall be allowed.
- Minutes of all meetings of the executive, GRC and the General assembly shall be submitted to the Dean of students by the prime minister within twenty one (21) days from the meeting.
- Notice of motion to be discussed at a further meeting may be given.
A standing order may be suspended if;
- An argent matter which overrides the standing order is set in motion.
- The mover of the motion states clearly the nature of the urgency and the time affected.
- The motion is supported by two thirds (2/3) of those present during the meeting.
- When members put up their hands to speak, the first to catch the speaker’s eye shall be given precedence.
- Every member except the speaker will speak while standings save in executive and committee meetings and shall address the chair as Mr. Speaker sir or Madam Speaker.
During any meeting the Speaker will accept points to talk precedence in the following order.
- Points of order (when a member contrivances order).
- Points of information (when giving information).
- Point of information (when seeking information).
- Point of privilege.
- Point of guidance.