Must sg Constitution must empowered 2015/2016
ARTICLE 1: NAME
The student body comprising full, associated, honorary and life members, shall be called and known as Mbarara University of Science and Technology Student’s Guild (MUST- SG) hereinafter referred to as “ THE GUILD”
The headquarters shall be at the main campus of Mbarara University of Science and Technology.
The purpose of the Guild will be to seek, promote and protect the interests and rights of all its members.
The aims of the Guild shall be:
- To establish an efficient students organization and government.
- To cultivate worthy qualities among its members and to train and prepare them for future service in the community.
- To work with the University Administration in all matters affecting the Guild members and to promote matters of interest to the University.
- To seek representation and /or participation in or on the organs of the VF Administration.
- To work in co-operation with other students organizations and to establish friendly relations and understanding with other external organizations hen where and while desirable provided always that such co-operation is not detrimental to the University and the country.
- To negotiate with government of other bodies, through the university Administration in matters affecting the Guild and /or its members.
- To express views of the Guild on National and/ or International Affairs if it deems fit.